Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, June 3, 2013

Door County

Last week we took a little trip up to Door County, WI with my parents. We did some shopping, walked on the beach, ate some yummy food, and Joseph had a blast throwing sticks into the lake :) Some of the pictures are Lake Michigan and others are Green Bay... I could never keep track of which side of the peninsula we were on!

ENJOY THE PICTURES!

Cave Point

Yes those are goats on the roof

Throwing rocks into the lake with Aunt Aimee

Brrr Lake Michigan is COLD

Sand, rocks, sticks who could ask for anything more!


Watching the fish boil

This is my stubborn boy not wanting to take a picture. He closed his eyes and said, "I don't to open my eyes, I won't look!"

Door County tradition The Fish Boil- first boil the potatoes and onions. Add the fish

Set it on FIRE to flash boil it

It seals in the yummy goodness and stuff (plus it looks cool!)

Remove food

AND SERVE!! It was really tender and juicy. The small bones were a bit annoying lol

Out on the pier

Look out over towards Michigan over Green  Bay (I think). By the way the white thing at the bottom of the picture is JJ and his hat :)

JJ and Grandma

Swimming at the hotel

We actually got everyone smiling and looking into the camera... VERY rare (mostly due to that wonderful 3 year old of mine! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment