Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sorry delayed health update

I realized it had been a week since Joseph's appointment and I never updated our blog. The appointment went well, I really liked the people up at Children's Memorial. The specialist agreed with everything that had been done at Primary Childrens, which is always good to hear. She said the time had come to get the genetic test done to see if Joseph has frustosemia. The problem is that our insurance doesn't want to pay for it and it is really expensive. We are currently battling them and hope to hear something soon. The doctor's office has been great and is really working with us to get this test done. He has a follow-up appointment in November where we will test his blood work to see if his liver enzymes are normal.

My family and I had some sad news yesterday. Monday night my uncle passed away after a long battle with Lou Gehrig's Disease. Steve wanted to make it to his youngest daughter's wedding, and he did. She was married last Saturday, and Steve made it to the ceremony. I am always amazed how much the will to live can make a difference. I cannot remember a time when Steve wasn't smiling and making people laugh, even throughout his disease. We will miss him a lot, and our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and his children. We all lost a great man, but I am glad he is in a place where his disease can no longer hurt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment