Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, September 4, 2014

As summer comes to a close

We have had a great Summer and we are kind of sad to see it go, I say kind of because I'm really not going to miss the days of the temperature being in the 90s with humidity that makes Illinois feel dry! Joseph is really sad to see Summer go because it means the pool closes. We went to the pool at least 4 times a week and Joseph already misses it. He asked me when it will open again. I told him it would be open again next Summer when he was 5. He responded, "When I'm getting ready for Kindergarden!?!?"- it was kind of a "holy crap" moment for me.

Labor Day was a pretty relaxed weekend for us. Matt had a 4 day weekend, so we were all pretty spoiled. As our lazy weekend ended, Matt headed back to work and Joseph headed off to Pre-K. He loves his new Preschool. He is attending 4Rs Preschool and I think he'll have a good year. 

Michael has thrown us all for a loop. I must have missed the family meeting, but Michael has decided at 9 months old he no longer wants to take a morning nap. It was an instant switch and Mommy just has to deal with the schedule shift (and the resulting cranky child). However, only 1 nap gives us a little more freedom in regards to our out-of-the-house time... He is also eating a ton of food- when he wants to. Consistency is not his strong suit. Today I LOVE grapes, today I don't want them. Wow this pasta is my favorite. Ewww I don't want this pasta. GIVE ME THE SIPPY- nope I want a bottle today.... so what does my child like to eat- I have no idea... nothing or everything depending on how you look at it. However we have discovered he will eat just about anything as long as he is sitting in my lap and I feed it to him whatever I'm eating. The high chair is mean and don't even THINK about putting him in a restaurant's high chair! 

I am not doing too much, just trying to keep the house standing while maintaining most of my sanity. I'm trying to book some Scentsy events and parties being that I had to leave all of them behind in Illinois. Matt is loving his job at the Patent and Trademark Office and will be out of the first part of his training in about a month. 

Here are some pictures

Playing in our tent

Our 9 month picture


Walking along furniture- ugh I don't know if I'm ready for that


Mom's First Day of Pre-K picture
Joseph's First Day of Pre-K Silly Picture





No comments:

Post a Comment